fot

[Fot] Race car insurance (was Street Legal)

To: "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>, "Andre Rousseau"
Subject: [Fot] Race car insurance (was Street Legal)
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@spitfire4.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 14:57:09 -0600
My race car (HP Spitfire) has been covered for years by Heacock Classic
Insurance [formerly Parish Heacock] (www.heacockclassic.com).

Yes, they know it's a race car. $250/year covers it for replacement value
and even covers the trailer. $500 deductible.

The caveat: the policy lapses as soon as I drive onto the track, resumes as
soon as I come off. Primarily it covers me for all the off-track things that
can happen -- I worry about vandalism; if the house catches on fire the
homeowner's policy does not cover vehicles (even non-road vehicles); what if
somebody wrecks me while I'm towing (nearly happened once in St. Louis when
a guy spun across my tow van's nose on a rain-slick Interstate).

--Rocky