fot

Re: [Fot] GT6 Rear Spring

To: spitlist@cox.net, paulking@charter.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] GT6 Rear Spring
From: Andrew Mace <herald948@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 15:23:42 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@cox.net>

P.S. There is a Herald Spring that I believe was made for an estate wagon
that is much stiffer than the normal spring that is also a possibility.  But
again it is not "Swing-Spring"

 ==AM==
Joe, you're thinking of the spring for the Herald Courier van. It's very, very
stiff (I can probably find rates in my books at home), and it has less of an
arch in "static" condition than do most other Herald/Vitesse/Spitfire/GT6
springs. It might almost be overkill for a GT6, but I think the concept
actually was not unlike what the factory used for the various "Works" Spitfires.

A vendor in the UK had commissioned a new run of the Courier spring last year,
but I believe he's sold out at the moment.

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant for The Vintage Triumph
Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database at its new URL: http://triumph-herald.us