fot

[Fot] Why I race what I race!!

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Why I race what I race!!
From: jcjcarrera@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 01:14:31 +0000 (UTC)
I choose a TR4 for several reasons. First, I bought a TR4 after graduating
from college in 66 because IB worked one summer at the dealer, Raymond Foreign
Sales, Islip NY and they gave me a good deal! I had had aB beater MGA and
great looking TR3A in college. I felt if I could get the handling of the MG
and the grunt of the 3A I'd be in hog's heaven. The TR4 answered that puzzle.

Second, I felt the TR4 would be a B reliable, stable platform and relatively
easy/inexpensive to work on.

Third, Uncle Jack and "Cousin Joe" had one for sale at a reasonable price and
their reputations were impeccable so I bought the one they had for sale.

Fourth, Sadly, I flattenned the one I bought from Jack and Joe, but found one
locally( Pacific NW) that had history, a fairly new paint job , but needed
mechanicals.

Fifth, Now that I've been at this for five years, an unexpected bonus for
choosing a Triumph--all the help and friendship of those of you on this list!!

PS: Anyone else out there in FoT land familiar with Raymond Foreign Sales?
When I worked for them they were on Sunrise Highway in Islip, Long Island,
later they moved closer to their mothership, Raymond Buick in Bayshore.

John James