fot

Re: [Fot] Interesting update on Group 44 GT6+

To: GRMTim@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Interesting update on Group 44 GT6+
From: Chuck Arnold <triosan@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 06:53:51 -0700
Welcome to the ugly world of TR6 engines.  I have spun thee berings [one at
a time].  My recommendations:
dry coat the bearings
nitirde the crank
install racestorations aluminum sump [helps stiffen the bloc] and adds a
deeper pan,windage tray and more oil capacity
install racestorations kit to stiffen the crank bearing retainers and
replace the aluminum rear oil seal hod;ler with a steel one
install an accusump
plumb an external oil feed to the numberone galley plug from a T-fitting.
one end goes to the accusump,one to galley and one to another T on the
return line from the oil cooler [I actually have a block and feed numbers
1,2 and 3 externally].You need a one way valve after the cooler and before
the T.
Drill the holes in the rear of the block that feed the galley out to 1/8
inch

I know itis too late for any of this for Mittyso I hope it holds together
for you [though you could get that line to number one galley and if I were
you I would.  Wish you the best of luck -- and hope having done all these
things my engine stays together this year.

Chuck
425-241-0457

--
Chuck Arnold