fot

Re: [Fot] oil cooler

To: "Don Marshall" <ofbracing@nefcom.net>, "FOT" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] oil cooler
From: "Mark Pendergrass" <mpendy@dishmail.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 21:09:49 -0700
Don; My TR4 came with a 19 row cooler mounted directly at the left side
headlight opening, it measured 10 in. wide by 5.5 in tall. It got hammerd by
a 1/4 nut on track, ( still looking for that car by the way) It was from
Earls Performance Plumbing . part # 41900. Then i installed a Mocal part
#OC1163-8 cooler, it was a 16 row that measured 6 in. wide by 5 in tall, it
did'nt last the three day Rose Cup weekend and developed an internal leak on
track which made me very popular that day.Sunday morn. I installed a Setrab
part #50-619-7612 , 19 row measuring 10.in wide by 5.5 in tall. The
difference in oil temp was about 20 degrees between the larger ones verses
the smaller one. 190degrees vrs.210. Temp. over the 3 day weekend was in the
70s and air was pretty thick so gauge accordingly.The Mocal unit needed
special adapta-fittings to utilize 10an fittings so be ware, they interfered
with my hood a little bit.These measurements given are the actual cooling
area, allow for bracketry. Bigger units cost app.165.00 smaller unit 135.00.
These figures seemed the same for a 13.5 cr. and a 11.0 cr. engine running
up to 7200 rpm and 6800rpm. Hope this info. helps. Mark Pendy tr4 #65