fot

Re: [Fot] hood release for TR6 ???

To: Bobby Whitehead <igofaster@charter.net>,fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] hood release for TR6 ???
From: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 16:47:46 -0400
At 02:38 PM 7/3/2009, Bobby Whitehead wrote:
>I bought this real nice race car cable release from
>Summitt.....   hooked it all up really nice....  checked all the
>operations... then shut the hood...
>
>HOOD WILL NOT RELEASE, PLUS MY BATTERY IS DISCONNECTED.... I CAN'T
>DRIVE IT, LOST SLEEP OVER THE DELIMA LAST NIGHT...
>
>Is there any access that anyone knows of easy???   I thought about
>pulling the headlight buckest out and removing the hood latches from
>the body, lift the hood from the front and then see if I can
>reach  the lever...

Bobby, I loosened the hinge bolts at the body and was able to raise
the bonnet leading edge just high enough to reach in with a broom
handle and trip the release.  Then I bought the emergency release
hicky from Macy's Garage.  And of course have never had to use it.

jim

--
J.C. Hassall
Blacksburg VA