fot

[Fot] spindle shims

To: "friends of triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] spindle shims
From: "Mark Pendergrass" <mpendy@dishmail.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 07:38:32 -0700
Hello FoT'rs; Quick question on the spindle reinforcing kit available for the
tr2-tr6. Has anyone ever experienced an installation where NO shims are used
on the spacer end and still have to much play? It appears that i need to have
my spacers milled down to accept some thickness of shims so i can adjust as
needed. The instructions state that most installs require about .007 to
achieve proper setting. The drivers side has .002 shim, but that will
deteriorate in short order on the track. The pass. side has NO shims and still
has movement. I have looked at all components till i am blue in the face and
cannot see an issue that may be hanging me up. Anyone run across the same
issue?? Thank You ! Mark Pendy #65 tr4