fot

Re: [Fot] Cal Speedway Engine failure

To: "'Steven Belfer'" <colordog.1@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Cal Speedway Engine failure
From: "Jim Gray" <toodamnfunky@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 06:29:30 -0600
Steve,
That's exactly what happened to me except it was # 3. It turned the rod blue
half way up to the wrist pin. My lifters were ok though.
My rod bearing squeezed out the side and the whole motor was full of
glitter.
All the bearings were toast but there were metal particles throughout
the motor. Some believe the fact I used .040 under bearings was the cause.
I had only one race weekend and some practice time on the motor.
It took out # 3 piston and liner as well and the piston was just starting to
contact the head.
jg