fot

Re: [Fot] CRC

To: "'Friends of Triumph' Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] CRC
From: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 21:41:30 -0400
Helen and I ended our Pacific Northwest vacation in Portland to spectate
at the CRC. It's always a little strange to be a the track with no race
car, but I kept myself busy and hopefully out of everybody's way.
Managed to get my hands (and clothes!) dirty, so you know I had a good
time.

Peyote's birthday party was really, really nice. I got volunteered to
work the grill, and enjoyed cooking some of the best lamb I have ever
tasted. Bill's daughter Liz raises a very special breed of sheep on her
ranch. If you like lamb, get Liz's contact info from Bill had have her
ship you some. You will not be disappointed. Many thanks to everybody
involved in the party on Saturday, it was really great fun.

Tony Garmey took some time and showed off some of his handiwork in his
paddock. Along with Bill Hart's Devin TR, Peyote, and the "Prototype",
Tony was taking care of a customer's Devin SS. It was one of the
original 14 turnkey cars Devin produced with V8 power. Tony has done
some of his magic getting this car back on the track, like Hillborn
Injection and the most beautiful custom fuel cell you ever saw. Calling
it art would be doing it a disservice, it really is that beautiful.

The racing was fantastic, really exciting to watch. While the weather
was not great, the racers got to show their stuff in all conditions.
Many sessions were raced in drying conditions, so the guys that really
could read the track did well.

Henry Frye
Carless in Portland