fot

Re: [Fot] Spitty racer for sale??

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Spitty racer for sale??
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 12:28:30 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 11 Sep 2009, Joe Curry wrote:

> I totally disagree with the statement that it is still competitive in
> D-Modified.  No Spitfire powered car can possibly be competitive against the
> kit car (Lotus 7's) with the 2 Liter High Revving engines that have been
> allowed in that class in recent years.  Putting a Honda 2 Liter VTEC engine
> didn't do it in my car and I can't see how a highly modified 1500 Spit
> engine could come close.

Substitute "car is FUN in DM" and leave the rest alone.

Put a V8 in it along with a Miata rear suspension and it might be
competitive in the class (or even better - in XP).

No offense, but the driver winds up being a big factor too. I know that's
why my TR6 sucks at national level events.

:-)

I would have been about 6 seconds slower than John Thomas in FP at this
years Nationals (had my boss "allowed me" to take vacation), but I would
have been 7 seconds behind the turbo-Mazda 13B powered AH Sprite in EM.

:-0

That's based on my consistent times compared to folks from my region at
nationals.

But for under $2k, that car would be a GREAT starting point for an
autocrosser wannabe, no question about it.

> Joe C.

regards,
rml
Bob Lang              NER/SCCA                 |  This space for rent
Solo Chair 2009       TR6 40 F Prepared        |  Triumph!
Voice:781-438-2568    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489