fot

Re: [Fot] One more view part 3

To: "'Friends of Triumph' Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>, "Greg Lunker
Subject: Re: [Fot] One more view part 3
From: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 23:23:14 -0700
Friends,
I've been watching all the emails about CRC and I now I have time and can
reply.  As some of you know I made a couple of holes in my TR6 block when
the #3 rod broke on Sunday.  Seems that the piston had kissed the head and
the rod must have gotten fractured.  Anyway I rebuilt another race motor and
got it installed this evening.

One of the things so great about this group is the positive attitude about
these cars.  After reading how easy Henry and Greg made it sound to install
a transmission, I went in with a positive attitude and had it installed in
less than 5 minutes, by myself.  I usually can expect a half an hour battle.

Anyway I just wanted to say how good it was to meet all the FoTers and
especially Kas.  I have to believe that the CRC Kas Cup ( or maybe just the
Kasner Cup) has to be one of the largest casual gatherings of single marquee
racecars in the USA.  Maybe I exagerate  little, but it sure was fun.

Well anyway I have my motor back in and just need to pump up the oil
pressure, start it and get it ready for this weekends race.

Good to meet all you FoTers!

Charly Mitchel
TR6 #44