fot

Re: [Fot] Spit Rear Shocks

To: <fpspitfire@comcast.net>, "'Rocky Entriken'" <rocky@spitfire4.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Spit Rear Shocks
From: "Norlin Engineering" <norlinengineering@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 18:23:18 -0700
Gotta agree with Aaron that even though I'm running the Spax, and haven't
had any problems with them, I'm not particularily pleased with them.  The
fronts required a lot of work to make them fit right.  I had to cut off the
spring mounts (they are cheesy) and make my own out of aluminum to fit
standard 2.25 inch springs.  Also had to make a new upper mount to get any
travel out of them with a low ride height.  I also agree that they don't
seem to do as much as I would like with adjustments.

Part numbers and sources for alternates would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jim