fot

Re: [Fot] TRIUMPH RULES EP AT SCCA RUNOFFS

To: <n197tr4@cs.com>, <lunkercars@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: [Fot] TRIUMPH RULES EP AT SCCA RUNOFFS
From: Sam Halkias <atr6racer@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 16:24:48 -0400
Joe and everyone,

    I just got home after a long post race teardown and a chat with the
Stewards for what turned out to be nothing. I left the track at 9:40 CT last
night, drove 4 hours to somewhere in Indiana and took a nap in my buddy's
motorhome, got up around 9Am and made the balance of the trip back to
Columbus. It just has not sunk in yet. It does feel good! And I did mean to
say I brought a "Gun" to a "Knife" fight. it was a coin flip for choice of
tires, we went with rains with the help of Jim Stouffer with a laptop computer
with live radar, Jack Madison, Gary Martz, Matthew Miller and Mat Carson who
did the tire change on the false grid just before we rolled off for the pace
lap. Without Friends, this sport would be boring! Thanks all!

Sam

> To: Lunkercars@earthlink.net; spyderweb@uwalumni.com
> Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:33:47 -0400
> From: n197tr4@cs.com
> CC: fot@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Fot] TRIUMPH RULES EP AT SCCA RUNOFFS
>
> Watching Sam Halkias on the podium was worth the trip to ROAD AMERICA, by
itself.

> If they dont crop it out there is a large FOT decal on the podiun with Sam.
I got there before the officials did, and did some rearranging..........

> There was some decision making at its best by SAM and his CREW. Attention to
detail and never putting a wheel in the wrong place.

> I hope Sam will have the time to say a few words to the FOT.
>

> Hot wheels just came out with a 'competition' TR6. It should have been done
in white with an '83'.

> Joe A

America.?
> >?
> >> Triumph Rules!?
> >?
> > Indeed. A forty-year old Triumph wins the National Run-Off in?
> > E-Production?!??
> >?
> > When I went to my firsst SCCA race in 1958, I sure don't recall any >
races?
> > being won by cars built in 1918 :-)?
> >?
> > Congratulations to Sam & the TR6,?
> >?
> > Jim Hill?
> >?
> > _______________________________________________?
> >?
> > Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html?
> >?
> > http://www.fot-racing.com?
> >?
> > You are subscribed as lunkercars@earthlink.net?
> >?
> > Fot@autox.team.net?
> ?
> _______________________________________________?
> ?
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html?
> ?
> http://www.fot-racing.com?
> ?
> You are subscribed as n197tr4@cs.com?
> ?
> Fot@autox.team.net?
> ?

> http://www.fot-racing.com
>
> You are subscribed as atr6racer@hotmail.com
>
> Fot@autox.team.net

Microsoft brings you a new way to search the web.  Try  Bing now
http://www.bing.com?form=MFEHPG&publ=WLHMTAG&crea=TEXT_MFEHPG_Core_tagline_try
bing_1x1