fot

[Fot] crankcase ventilation

To: FoT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] crankcase ventilation
From: Bobby Whitehead <igofaster@att.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 12:05:30 -0800 (PST)
My GT6 has been running with a catch tank for the valve cover and plumbing for
the crankcase ventilation. I have been running the valve cover blowby into the
tank but have run without the crankcase ventilation plumbing into the catch
tank.
Someone suggested that all British cars run better if the crankcase is being
ventilated. This past weekend I ran the crankcase and valve cover blowby into
the catch tank...dang... I'm gathering at least a pint of blowby in the
emulsion tank in just a 15 minute run...
I seem to recall Kas suggested a crankcase pipe of 1/2" inside diameter... my
car has about a 3/8" port into the fuel pump spot where it is configureed...
The hose for the blow by definately looks more oiley , but what is the opinion
of the group of having so much run off in the catch tank... I'm getting blowby
mist that I can see when the engine is at idle with the oil cap off... the GT
is on the 3rd season without a rebuild... wondering if I retorque the head and
adjust the valves if I could reduce the blowby... or??

Bobby Whitehead 1970GT6 DP CVAR

looks like I purchased a race preparred Spitfire on eBay this week out in
California... so... my wife is allowing a two racecar garage for her hubby.....
\
fot@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive