fot

Re: [Fot] TR3/TR4 AMBRO OIL LEAK UNDER PRESSURE-APPARENTLY FILTER

To: <n197tr4@cs.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3/TR4 AMBRO OIL LEAK UNDER PRESSURE-APPARENTLY FILTER
From: "ofbracing" <ofbracing@nefcom.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 14:13:21 -0400
Joe, my TR4 race car has two oil pressure gauges, one reads before the
filter and the other reads at the oil gallery.  In effect, one reads coming
out of the pump and the other reads after it has gone through the system.
If everything is normal, the gauge reading before the filter is about 10psi
higher than the reading at the oil gallery.  On two occasions I have seen
the first gauge reading much higher than normal and the second gauge reading
much lower.  The problem was a clogged oil filter and when the filter was
replaced everything went back to normal.  My guess on the excess oil is that
if it can't get through the filter it's being forced out somewhere else.
Don