fot

[Fot] VSCDA Gingerman Race

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] VSCDA Gingerman Race
From: "Jeff Snook" <jsnook@wcnet.org>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 09:38:48 -0400
Just back from racing my TR3 at Gingerman Raceway in South Haven, Michigan.
Only a 2 day race weekend since Friday was the VSCDA annual driver's school.
I was breaking in a new motor so the first three sessions were RPM limited.
Finally was able to race harder during the qualifying race during the last
session on Saturday and the car ran great.......  Thanks to Glen Efinger and
Terry Stetler!!!  Sunday appeared to be a rain-out so I packed up and left
for home early with my "Mission Accomplished"!

Only two other FOTers in attendance (that I was aware of), Bob Wismer (1/2
the Beady Eye Racing Team) in his TR4, and the father & son team of Tim and
Ryan Murphy.  This was son Ryan's turn at the wheel this weekend and he was
flogging their TR4 around quite briskly despite some high speed missing
problems.  They have done a very nice job of bringing this old TR4 race car
back to life and should be proud of the car's beautiful presentation.

Vroom, vroom,

Jeff Snook
http://www.snooksdreamcars.com
fot@autox.team.net