fot

Re: [Fot] Spitfire rear spring rate

To: sbarr@McCarty-Law.com, gt6steve@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Spitfire rear spring rate
From: chasgee@aol.com
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 12:17:30 -0400
Try this: http://www.thedirtforum.com/leafspringrate.htm

It gives numbers that don't quite make sense for a transverse leaf spring
mounting, but it's an easy way to compare what you have to other options.  The
spring shop will also understand this number better.  It also jibes with what
you find when you measure the rate with a press and scales.

Your twitcheness and inside tire temperatures is most likely caused by too
much toe out at the rear.  The cars really like to wildly oversteer with even
a little bit of toe out.  Set the car up for 1/16 or, better yet, 1/8 toe in
per side.  This makes the car much more stable.

Chuck