fot

Re: [Fot] Heartland Park-Kastner Cup

To: Ernest Husmann <ehusmann53@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Heartland Park-Kastner Cup
From: Jason Ostrowski <jason@multivintage.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 10:08:25 -0500
Man those were some fast TRs. It was pretty much a swarm of TR4's. With the
exception of Jeff Snook in his fast Tr3 running up front, a very fast
spitfire in the hands of  Joseph Hovey at mid pack, me in my GT6... (after
an amazing story of overcoming certain failier) and Joe in his Ambro... it
was a starting grid of TR4 Beauty and Speed.

Major battles were seen for every position. And up front the action was hot,
hot, hot. For the 3rd spot on the podium. Tony Drews, Jim Gray, and Greg
"Lunker" Hilyer had a TR4 battle royal with grass flying and tires smoking.
Unfortunately, for Greg, His whole car was smoking by the near end, he was
out of the mix with a broken battery terminal and was parked on the side of
the track with so much smoke I thought his car was on fire when I went by.
But that pack up front was flying... Tony's car just keeps getting faster
and faster.

The Awesome Group of guys from Colorado really helped fill the grid headed
up by Jim Gray and his Dads old gorgeous and Impeccably prepared no. 102. A
close 4th overall but not able to catch Tony.

The stars up font... Kieth Files all the way from England unmatched in the
Tr4 group... two seconds a lap faster than  all others. (Fittingly in Kas's
old car built for Sebring)

Our Hero in Modern Triumph racing, Sam Halkias... simply walked away from
everyone with a fast lap of the kastner cup of 1:55.726. five seconds faster
than the next car in line.

Other highlights or rather low lights... Joe Alexander spun the ambro in the
big race and Sean Alexander left pices of motor trailing down the front
strait after an impressive show of speed all weekend.

Overall a great fast and fun weekend and we FOT'ers really were the stars of
the weekend with the biggest and most exciting groups all weekend.

Thats my report...
More on my unique story of NOT being beaten by equipment later...
Jason Ostrowski. Friendly Ghost Racing 69 GT6 # 27