fot

[Fot] Need a brake pedal switch

To: ".Triumph List" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Need a brake pedal switch
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@spitfire4.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 20:12:58 -0500
I'm looking for an old/new brake pedal taillight switch. The thing that mounts
up near the base of the brake pedal.The one in my race car, '64 Spitfire,
finally gave out after 45 years of use.

Got a replacement from Vicky Brit. Three of them, in fact, because I managed
to break two of them putting the damn thing in. The replacement is a cheap
plastic thingy that's not too robust. The old one is a stout metal item -- no
surprise it lasted 45 years even coming from Lord Lucas (it apparently finally
found the "flicker" setting").

The same switch is apparently on all Spits and GT6s as well as TR 4-6-7-8.
What I'm hoping is someone has the old metal unit on their parts shelf, never
or seldom used. I just don't trust this plastic piece. At $4.95 it's
overpriced.

--Rocky Entriken
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com