fot

Re: [Fot] Dual- row timing gear for small-crank Spitfire?

To: Scott Barr <sbarr@McCarty-Law.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Dual- row timing gear for small-crank Spitfire?
From: fpspitfire@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 21:17:12 +0000 (UTC)
Scott,

I'm with Rick on this one.B  I've never used or had a double row timing
chain.B  They are more than double the rotating mass.B  why spend all that
money to lighen the crank and rods only to bolt it back on the front of the
engine.B  While I agree the degreeing in of the cam is easier with kent
adjustable, it just isn't worth the cost.

I've never had a timing chain or gear failure...and I can't think of a
spitfire racer who has.

aaron

#87 HP Spitfire 1500

Southern Illinois Region SCCA