fot

Re: [Fot] engine break-in

To: Skip Saunders <tfsbj7@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] engine break-in
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 11:54:27 -0500
I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that Shell Rotella oil
was still using the high zinc (SAE SJ rating) for some time after the
automotive oils had switched to the new low zinc SM rating, but it now
has the low zinc rating as well.  Getting the exact current spec would
be better, but lacking that just check the side of the container.
Unfortunately, many specs found on the internet are outdated.  I have
been using straight 30 weight oil with an intermediate SL rating in my
street Triumph and other old nonracing engines.
-Larry

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html