fot

Re: [Fot] Intent to ENTER LAGUNA SECA Kastner Cup Series #9

To: "Mark Pendergrass" <mpendy@dishmail.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Intent to ENTER LAGUNA SECA Kastner Cup Series #9
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 07:42:51 -0800
Gee, why not? Why not have V8's and six speeds? Where should that line be
drawn? Most folks would like it to be drawn right behind them.

I empathize, I have a TR3 rotting in my basement that I spent a small fortune
on before I realized that sanctioning bodies have rules. But they do. Some
bend more than others. HMSA is a for-profit company, and they're interested in
lots of entries, but they stand pretty solid on period-correct modifications.
If you can show a crank-fired ignition and flares in a relevant GCR then
you're in.

That said, this isn't the Monterey Historics, and there will probably be
latitude. You need to find out what they will accept in a car being towed a
long way. The way it usually works is that if your'e a local, they're pretty
strict. You have only a few races to get your car in conformance before it's
banned. A one-time visitor often just has the non-conforming bits noted. Your
mileage may vary. Fill out the car description in MINUTE detail and see if
they accept your entry.

On Nov 8, 2010, at 11:00 PM, Mark Pendergrass wrote:

> Well Listers, here we go, what constitutes a legitimate entrant ?? You
talking me or my morfidite car? So the HMSA says they prefer,or better
yet,require that the car be a true racer and restored to boot, well I guess
I'm a little confused here. This old hotrod TR4 that i have was raced on the
east coast most of it life, has log books.......yes books,( plural). Yeah it's
not stock, it's a race car, it's what my 3 children chose to buy their dad as
a gift. It's probably got more stories than most. Does it blow the doors off
the competetion because it's SOOOO modified? not hardly. Do the flares, bigger
tires, alternator, crank fire etc; make it less of a true race car?? I don't
think so. You know, people pay good monies to take-in the 'ol cars wheather
they be stock, modified or whatever, It's time that some people and or
sanctioning bodies start thinking outside the box. And no, i'm not saying to
let V8s 6spds and dana 60s run amuk. So if i've offended some people...oh
well, am i enterested in the LS Kastner Cup ?? Absolutely, sounds like a hoot
and would like to meet some of the FOT  family, so if you folks don't mind the
car or my charming attitude, then count me
in............signed........Legitimate Entrant