fot

Re: [Fot] Building 6-cyl Spitfire

To: "michael cook" <mlcooknj@msn.com>, "Triumph Friends of"
Subject: Re: [Fot] Building 6-cyl Spitfire
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@McCarty-Law.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 09:22:26 -0600
Does he have any plans to set the engine back further in the chassis to
maintain the weight balance?  With the swing-axles, I'm not sure I'd
want to drive one with the GT6 (or TR6) motor in the stock location.

A friend of mine has created a Spit-6 racer which he runs in one of
Midwestern Council's unrestricted categories.  He moved the engine back
approximately 4 inches, so that the stock engine mounts attach to a new
mounting tab welded to the "spring tower".

The little bugger really goes!

Scott B.