fot

Re: [Fot] Speaking of Alley Engine Plates

To: cartravel@pobox.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Speaking of Alley Engine Plates
From: REK46@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 19:16:11 -0500 (EST)
use some Alodine to prep the surface

In a message dated 1/6/2011 7:01:26 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
cartravel@pobox.com writes:

You can  use other primers besides zinc chromate.  I have used epoxy.
You have to prep the aluminum, because it develops an aluminum oxide
skin.  The prep usually involves a mild acid such as  phosphoric.  It
must be primed soon after the prep.  The primer  should come with prep
instructions.
Larry