fot

[Fot] SU H6 Nitrophyl floats from Joe Curto

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] SU H6 Nitrophyl floats from Joe Curto
From: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 14:28:26 -0600
I just got my copy of the March issue of Classic Motorsports and there is a
news release on Pg. 106 about new Nitrophyl floats for the SU H6 carbs from
Joe Curto Inc..  I had procrastinated on trying to duplicate the aluminum
ones that Bill Dentinger and Bob Wismer had made and am glad I did so.  I
just ordered 2 of the floats for our H6 carbs on the 1961 TR4 race car from
Joe for $22.50 each.  Seems like a bargain for floats that won't leak.
The Nitrophyl is "a foamlike elastomer that's resistant to modern fuels,
including ethanol" according to the press release.  We'll try them out this
summer.  I was starting to run out of the brass floats that didn't leak.

No commercial interest.

Tim Murphy
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com