fot

Re: [Fot] TRIUMPH TR3A tangent in the movies...

To: BillDentin@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] TRIUMPH TR3A tangent in the movies...
From: Steven Belfer <colordog.1@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 10:31:18 -0800
http://product.half.ebay.com/Flywheel-DVD-2007_W0QQtgZinfoQQprZ62333947

http://product.half.ebay.com/Flywheel_W0QQtgZinfoQQprZ64427678

~Steve

On Jan 30, 2011, at 9:27 AM, BillDentin@aol.com wrote:

Amici...

I've not watched it yet, but...

My nephew was killing time in a shop in a Florida airport, when he saw
this
DVD with a white Triumph TR3A on the cover.  He thought of me and bought
it.  It is called FLYWHEEL.  The panel write up says, "Jay Austin
(tsk) wants
to sell used cars in the worst way...and that's exactly how he does
business
at his dealership.  Promising much more than he can ever deliver,
he'll do
whatever it takes to sell a car.  His manipulative ways permeate all
of he
relationships...even his wife and son know they can't trust him.  But
as Jay
works on restoring a classic convertible (the TR3A, I assume) he comes
face
to face with reality of how he truly conducts himself."  I have to
assume
this is a 'movie with a message' because it was produced by the
moviemaking
ministry of a church in Georgia.  It has a favorable critique from Zig
Ziglar,
a well known author and motivational speaker.  But for folks who are
interested in such TRIUMPH related items, know that it is out there.
Produced by
Sherwood Pictures.

I am not sure when or if I'll get around to watching it.  #1 I'm getting
too old to be motivated and #2 I just discovered several dozen Betamax
video
tapes from the early 1980s in the back of a cupboard in my shop.  I also
found an old Sanyo Betamax player/recorder.  Takes some fiddling to
get some of
them to play, but once I get them playing, they are in remarkably good
condition considering they're all 25-30 years old.  So far I've not
found many in
car shots, but I know why.  The camera I took these tapes with was HUGE
compared to the tiny hand held ones we mount on the roll bar these
days.  In
addition, I remember that the power pack (battery) was bigger and
heavier than
a car battery.  Great fun & memories.

Bill Dentinger