fot

Re: [Fot] GT6 front uprights-race use

To: enquiries@roadandtrack.net.au, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] GT6 front uprights-race use
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 21:36:52 EDT
Terry, over the years I've talked to lots of TVR guys who are suffering
much worse than we with their big slicks and higher Horsepowers.  No one  has
a solution so far.  I drilled and tapped the bottom (Top?) of my oil
drillings and ran a long socket head cap screw up there putting the whole stub
into compression.  Don't know if it will help but at least I have a chance  of
bending before fracture.  No failures in many years now so it clearly
didn't hurt.

I had a rod end conversion here from some Elva racers and it frightened me
as they had simply macined off all of the threads to fit the rod end.

I'm told the early FF's had an undrilled stub but I doubt we'll see any of
those anymore.

We'll keep our eyes open and hope for the best....Steve

In a message dated 5/4/2011 5:55:08 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,