fot

Re: [Fot] VARAC/VRG Mosport in 2 weeks

To: andre@gt6.ca, Spitfire_Racing@twcny.rr.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] VARAC/VRG Mosport in 2 weeks
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 13:06:20 EDT
In a message dated 06/02/2011 11:44:39 AM Central Daylight Time,
andre@gt6.ca writes:

> <<< Almost ready and yes going wide on 2 with a Shelby on my left was an
> experience for sure. >>>

In spite of having one on one help from Kas available to me my first time
at Mosport, I never did get close to getting Mosport Turn TWO right.  I was
racing our Thunder Bolt, which is RHD, and at my weight, in a left hand,
downhill, double apex, off camber, blind corner...I was convinced I was going
roll over even in no traffic.  Mosport's Turn TWO is one of road racing's
Leaps of Faith.

But my favorite at Mosport is coming out of Stirling Moss's corner and
going up hill on the back straight.  A TR drive train sure shines on that part
of the track.  I'd sure like to run Mosport again, and especially to get Bob
Wismer up there one time.  But alas, we'll be at the Blackhawk Vintage
Classic, where we've been racing every Father's Day week end for 19 years.
When
vintage racing first started taking off in the late 1970s there were barely
a half dozen events per year.  Now it seems like there are a half dozen
events each week end.  That, dear friends, is one of our problems.  Very, very
hard for all of them to continue to be successful.

Bill Dentinger
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html