fot

Re: [Fot] Praise for Hoosier Racing Tire

To: yellow04@tr4racer.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Praise for Hoosier Racing Tire
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 10:28:46 -0400 (EDT)
Full-name: BillDentin
In a message dated 03/29/2013 5:26:24 AM Central Standard Time,
yellow04@tr4racer.com writes:

> I had a Speedster that lost air faster than they usually do, it turned
> out
> to be leaking through the sidewall.

It's been my experience that losing air through the sidewall of racing
tires is sure not uncommon.  For years while I was still running original ARW
Silverstone mags on my TR3, I would carefully wash and inspect each wheel and
tire looking for cracks in the spokes between events.  I was always amazed
to see all of the soap air bubbles that would surface from the sidewalls of
each tire during the washing process.  It made me aware that I was constantly
losing some air through the sidewalls.  Dunlop has been our tire of choice
down through the years (they look so damn'd British), but we've run Goodyear
and Hoosier sets as well.  We have yet to experience what I would call
unacceptable air loss through the sidewalls...but we are aware of the issue and
sure check tire pressures carefully between sessions.

Bill Dentinger
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive