fot

Re: [Fot] Stations of yesteryear

To: Bill Tobin <william.tobin31@verizon.net> a=4XwCEAaBuO8A:10 a=kj9zAlcOel0A:10 a=CKFgqXMiFZceaCOrPlyA3Q==:17 a=o1OHuDzbAAAA:8 a=mkkZP590AAAA:8 a=NTgSIB6fAAAA:8 a=zOoktvdPAAAA:8 a=3oc9M9_CAAAA:8 a=pGLkceISAAAA:8 a=EEUed45fAAAA:8 a=JcvzPq48AAAA:8 a=VKhgQ2jvlYZUyjSIwg8A:9 a=CjuIK1q_8ugA:10 a=J0aUVQLP0FIA:10 a=m3MdUl94G8cA:10 a=I79HZNmoWdQA:10 a=ILCZio5HsAgA:10 a=LuNFSA0Xe1kA:10 a=lqA02NAGceIA:10 a=U8Ie8EnqySEA:10 a=MSl-tDqOz04A:10 a=CKFgqXMiFZceaCOrPlyA3Q==:117 reip=0.000, cl=1, cld=1, fgs=0
Subject: Re: [Fot] Stations of yesteryear
From: John Hasty <jhhasty@gdhs.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 21:43:28 -0400
Cc: "<fot@autox.team.net>" <fot@autox.team.net>
Good Lord...... I made no personal remark about the Pres. Where did you come
up with that idea?  He could be purple and it wouldn't make any difference to
me. It's his & the fellow liberals' policies that are driving us to
bankruptcy, you must realize his spending cannot continue.
Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 30, 2013, at 6:37 PM, "Bill Tobin" <william.tobin31@verizon.net>
wrote:

> Sorry, can't resist.
> My investments, which took a major fatty TWICE under Dubya, have come back
and then some under President Obama.
> And your grandchildren will still be paying for his clusterf**k in Iraq.
When I hear him (Obama) referred to as "That N....r" my blood boils. And I
heard it recently.
> Just as Dubya (he called himself that) was my president, Obama is indeed
your president. Live with it.
> End of rant.  Original Message ----- From: "John Hasty" <jhhasty@gdhs.com>

All

>>> The problem is, as usual, more complicated than that.  First, if one is
>> looking for a standard of measurement based on inflation and the cost of a
>> barrel of oil, then one has to exclude changes in federal, state and local
>> taxes.  Then one has to get the actual numbers more or less in line with
the
>> reality of the time frame, and then do some data smoothing to eliminate
the
>> peaks created by temporary shortages (the 1973 and 1978 embargoes and
withheld
>> shipments, for example) and oil prices affected by predatory speculation
(such
>> as the $147/bbl spike recently).  You get something like this:
>>>
>>> http://inflationdata.com/Inflation/Inflation_Rate/Gasoline_Inflation.asp
>>>
>>> If we're talking about prices being affected in large part by Saudi
Arabia,
>> it's important to get the numbers in the timeline correct, because the
>> establishment of OPEC price controls after 1973 changed the pricing
schedules
>> considerably.  Saudi oil was routinely purchased by the refiners for a
>> wellhead price before shipping of $1.50/bbl, until the 1973 embargo.
Within