fot

Re: [Fot] Front Caliper question

To: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com> FILETIME=[A8541BD0:01D01198]
Subject: Re: [Fot] Front Caliper question
From: Tony and Annie Garmey <horizonracing@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2014 13:07:24 -0800
Cc: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Yes.  ! Measuring off a lotus 23 using the Hearld / GT 6 vertical link , the
caliper mounts are 3.5 . Dave bean eng . Has machined alloy mounts . Might
want to check the off set . I'm unsure of what the hub is from on the lotus &
the caliper is a girling  AR,

Tony

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 6, 2014, at 12:55 PM, "Tony Drews" <tony@tonydrews.com> wrote:
>
> Arrgh.  Copy / pasted through notepad this time.
>
> I received this question and have no clue what the answer is (and of course
don't have any GT6 front caliper mounts).  Anyone on this list know the
answer?  See below.

> Thanks, Tony Drews
>

> Dear Sir,
>
> I have a Lotus Europa that I race in Vintage and am upgrading the front
brakes.

> A fellow competitor has an Europa with Wilwood calipers and GT6 discs. The
Wilwood caliper has a 3'5" spacing between the mounting holes. These calipers
fit directly onto the competitors caliper mount. He believes that his caliper
mounts are from a GT6 with a 3'5" spacing between the bolts.

> My car has Spitfire caliper mounts with a 3.25" spacing between the bolts.
>
> Do you know if the GT6 caliper mounts have the 3.5" spacing and will they
fit onto the Spitfire vertical link.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/tony@tonydrews.com