fot

Re: [Fot] TR6 side diff seals

To: Glenn Franco <gaf3@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR6 side diff seals
From: Kas Kastner via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 15:03:48 -0800
Cc: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>

--001a11343d1c0cfdc405109297c1

The terrible thing is that press explosion is the same now as sixty years
ago.

*Never be beaten by equipment.*

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 2:52 PM, Glenn Franco via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
wrote:

> I have the National Part Number for the Pinion Seal but its in the shop. I
> will have to retrieve it and send it on to you. Napa can cross reference.
>
> As far as the side seals, I have only used the ones from the big 3. I
> avoid these whenever I can as I have bent pullers, and hubs trying to get
> these off. We have  tried heat, impacts and no luck.
>
> The only success I have had is with a bearing splitter and a 50 ton press.
> You get a loud boom when they come apart. I generally use a cushion, like a
> full trash can, below the press to catch the flying parts.
>
> If anyone has a easier way to get these off please advise.
>
> Glenn
>

> On 3/4/2015 1:51 PM, Greg And Alison Blake via Fot wrote:
>
>> Not sure what you call them. Anyone have a NAPA seal number for the seals
>> for the stub axle flanges on the side of the IRS diff. There is one seal
>> for each side of the diff. I got a TR6 diff on the shop floor that is
>> leaking all over. Figured I'd replace them while it's easy.

--001a11343d1c0cfdc405109297c1

 via Fot <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net"; target=
=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padd=
ing-left:1ex">I have the National Part Number for the Pinion Seal but its i=
n the shop. I will have to retrieve it and send it on to you. Napa can cros=
s reference.<br>
As far as the side seals, I have only used the ones from the big 3. I avoid=
 these whenever I can as I have bent pullers, and hubs trying to get these =
off. We have=C2=A0 tried heat, impacts and no luck.<br>
The only success I have had is with a bearing splitter and a 50 ton press. =
You get a loud boom when they come apart. I generally use a cushion, like a=
 full trash can, below the press to catch the flying parts.<br>
If anyone has a easier way to get these off please advise.<br>
Glenn<br>
On 3/4/2015 1:51 PM, Greg And Alison Blake via Fot wrote:<br>
-left:1ex;border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);border-left-width:1px;border-l=
eft-style:solid">
Not sure what you call them. Anyone have a NAPA seal number for the seals f=
or the stub axle flanges on the side of the IRS diff. There is one seal for=
 each side of the diff. I got a TR6 diff on the shop floor that is leaking =
all over. Figured I&#39;d replace them while it&#39;s easy.<br>
/a><br>
ng.com</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; target=3D"_blank">http://w=
ww.team.net/archive</a><br>