fot

Re: [Fot] FW: TR4A front suspension.

To: Marcel Van Mulders <van.mulders.marcel@telenet.be>
Subject: Re: [Fot] FW: TR4A front suspension.
From: Bob Kramer via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 19:12:57 +0000
Cc: Marcel Van Mulders via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Marcel.

I used GoodParts TR6 suspension bushings in the TR4A. I can't remember if it
was just the rear parts that had special washers with slight recesses in them
to catch and hold the steel tube bushings or if the front has them too, but I'm
with Jack in that I think that once assembled the bolt is fixed and the
bushings/trunnion rotate . The castellated nut and cotter pin allow you to get
it all very tight, but not so tight that it doesn't want to move. I also used
GoodParts Steering rack aluminum blocks but had them machined down to get a
reasonable compromise with regards to bump steer. You may be able to do better
than I did via bending the arms but I was happy with where it ended up. Look up
GoodParts stuff at:

https://www.goodparts.com/shop/index.php?productID=275

Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com