fot

[Fot] TR3 10" brake question

To: Friends of Triumph <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TR3 10" brake question
From: Don Marshall via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 18:04:56 -0400

--001a113918c45283160511ab66c0

My '57 TR3 (street car) has Girling 10" drums on the rear.  The new shoes I
just got are too thick for the drums to fit over them.  Based on the TR3
shop manual I'm putting them on correctly.  Has anyone else experienced
this with new shoes?  I guess I can either sand the shoes down or have the
drums turned enough to make them fit. This is a very low mileage car so
there's plenty of meat in the drums.  If there's better answer I'd like to
know what it is.  Thanks, Don

--001a113918c45283160511ab66c0

the rear.=C2=A0 The new shoes I just got are too thick for the drums to fit=
 over them.=C2=A0 Based on the TR3 shop manual I&#39;m putting them on corr=
ectly.=C2=A0 Has anyone else experienced this with new shoes?=C2=A0 I guess=
 I can either sand the shoes down or have the drums turned enough to make t=
hem fit. This is a very low mileage car so there&#39;s plenty of meat in th=
e drums.=C2=A0 If there&#39;s better answer I&#39;d like to know what it is=
.=C2=A0 Thanks, Don=C2=A0</div>

--001a113918c45283160511ab66c0--

--===============6124425144317880542==

fot@autox.team.net