fot

Re: [Fot] need 2nd for Spitfire racer

To: "BillDentin@aol.com" <BillDentin@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] need 2nd for Spitfire racer
From: Bruce Stutzman via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 17:30:55 -0400
Cc: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>

--089e0111bd76d6cff605125ff69e

I'm in for Donny.
Bruce

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 10:38 AM, Bill Dentinger via Fot <fot@autox.team.net
> wrote:

> In a message dated 03/28/2015 6:41:37 AM Central Standard Time,
> fot@autox.team.net writes:
>

> Donny Sopp of Homer, NY has been racing his Spitfire *(and picking up the
> parts falling off it) *for well over the past 24 years usually with me at
> events at Watkins Glen; Mid-Ohio; Summit Point; Shannonville, CA; and
> Mosport, CA. He is known for his innate ability to extract  magical
> extended life and service from parts others might discard.
>

> Russ...
>
> Shannonville.  Wow!  There's a Blast from the Past.
>
> I ran Shannonville once, many, many years ago.  Maybe it has changed, but
> back then it was very blue collar, and the only track I can think of where
> you can pretty much see the entire circuit sitting in the grandstand.
>
> Two things stick in my mind.  One that this is the only circuit I ever ran
> where there were side by side straights which gave the illusion that
> traffic was coming back straight at you.  No one warned me.  The first time
> out, I got to the grid late and by the time I was headed down the first
> straight, traffic was already coming back at me.  I thought I had done
> something wrong, and only the laundry knows how excited I got.
>
> The second thing I remember is that I blew a head gasket in one of the
> practice sessions.  I was all alone, no crew, and I'm a lousy mechanic.
> But local spectators helped me change the gasket, and I made the race.  I
> even got a class trophy.
>
> Near by Kingston, is a great little resort town.  My wife Shirley loved it.
>
> Sorry I don't have any Spitfire parts, but a big hello to Donny Sopp.
>
> Bill Dentinger

--089e0111bd76d6cff605125ff69e

mail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 10:38 AM=
, Bill Dentinger via Fot <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.=
ockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #=
ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><font face=3D"arial,helvetica"><span class=3D""=
dated 03/28/2015 6:41:37 AM Central Standard Time, <a href=3D"mailto:fot@au=
tox.team.net" target=3D"_blank">fot@autox.team.net</a> writes:<br>
rial" lang=3D"0"><br>
T:5px;MARGIN-RIGHT:0px;PADDING-LEFT:5px">Donny Sopp of Homer, NY has been r=
acing his Spitfire <i>(and picking up the parts falling off it) </i>for wel=
l over the past 24 years usually with me at events at Watkins Glen; Mid-Ohi=
o; Summit Point; Shannonville, CA; and Mosport, CA. He is known for his inn=
ate ability to extract=C2=A0 magical extended life and service from parts o=
thers might discard. </blockquote><br>
" face=3D"Arial" lang=3D"0"><br>
ce=3D"Arial" lang=3D"0">Russ...<br>
Shannonville.=C2=A0 Wow!=C2=A0 There&#39;s a Blast from the Past.=C2=A0 <br=

I ran Shannonville once, many, many years ago.=C2=A0 Maybe it has changed, =
but back then it was very blue collar, and the only track I can think of wh=
ere you can pretty much see the entire circuit sitting in the grandstand.=
=C2=A0 <br>
Two things stick in my mind.=C2=A0 One that this is the only circuit I ever=
 ran where there were side by side straights which gave the illusion that t=
raffic was coming back straight at you.=C2=A0 No one warned me.=C2=A0 The f=
irst time out, I got to the grid late and by the time I was headed down the=
 first straight, traffic was already coming back at me.=C2=A0 I thought I h=
ad done something wrong, and only the laundry knows how excited I got.=C2=
=A0 <br>
The second thing I remember is that I blew a head gasket in one of the prac=
tice sessions.=C2=A0 I was all alone, no crew, and I&#39;m a lousy mechanic=
.=C2=A0 But local spectators helped me change the gasket, and I made the ra=
ce.=C2=A0 I even got a class trophy.<br>
Near by Kingston, is a great little resort town.=C2=A0 My wife Shirley love=
d it.<br>
Sorry I don&#39;t have any Spitfire parts, but a big hello to Donny Sopp.<b=
r>
Bill Dentinger<br>

ng.com</a><br>
//www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>