fot

[Fot] Electrics Sorted and Working

Subject: [Fot] Electrics Sorted and Working
From: robertten1 at aol.com (robertten1 at aol.com)
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2017 22:26:55 -0400
Hello all,

Well it seems I am at the end of the road of sorting the Burnt Wire dilemma,
notice I didn't say solved.  So after much trace testing and sorting what wires
go to what and what wires SHOULD go to what, everything is functioning as well
as could be.  I couldn't extract all of the burnt wire for the oil indicator
lite out of the harness so just cut what I could.  Ran a new wire and labeled
it accordingly, new acquisition is a Label Maker so I have labeled as may wires
accordingly as I went along the testing route.

Since I use an electric tach from later Spit I decided to wire it in as factory
did, not sure it is functioning any better or worse yet,  My Emergency Kill
Switch is completely wired in correctly, so my alternator should be safe if it
shut off, at least thats what the directions state.  And my Rev Limiter wires
have been confirmed and routed if I choose to enable ( for those occasional
co-drivers ).

So all in all with wires labeled, bundled and wrapped, or covered in that
plastic convoluted tubing.  The dash put back in place and the ignition switch
firmly installed in place, another new acquisition - made a tool to tighten the
nut behind the dash panel for the switch.  I twisted the key and let the engine
crank then switched off.  Sniffed and felt around the dash wires and also check
around under the bonnet and found nothing out of sorts.

So today got the car off the ramps and fired her up with no drama, backed it
out of the garage and took it around the block.  No drama, other than the
excitement to behind the wheel after she sat all winter, no smoke or smells and
things seem to be working fine.

First event it two weeks and I can hardly wait,
Bob T
'64 Spit GT  autocrosser