fot

[Fot] Kastner Cup

Subject: [Fot] Kastner Cup
From: dlhogye at comcast.net (davehogye)
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 03:15:07 +0000 (UTC)
>From Shawn's video and photos, I saw a bunch of unfamiliar faces...I mean
>cars.
Thanks for the added details.

// Dave

----- Original Message -----

From: "Scott Janzen via Fot" <fot at autox.team.net>
To: "'Friends of Triumph' Triumph" <fot at autox.team.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2017 7:14:14 PM

So, the best part about the Kastner Cup - well, there were many fabulous parts,
but probably the single best was that despite some pretty ugly weather
forecasts, it only rained at night (thurs and Fri), the sun came out in force
and dried everything quickly, and during the Cup itself there were a few
sprinkles on the last two laps, but the rain held off until after the awards
presentation.

Over the weekend, there were no serious incidents, very little bent sheetmetal
or fiberglass, two holed six cylinder blocks, at least one head gasket
replacement (TR4 motor), one major wiring job, a broken GT6 axle and diff stub
axles, etc. Nonetheless, I think 31 cars took the start of the 35 that showed
up, so not bad!

The track is a charming old school place, mature trees everywhere, mowed grass,
a beautiful place to spend the weekend. The track itself has a great flow, lots
of twisty bits and two good straights, and some very narrow sections.
I wish I had something "vintage? like this near me, as I would be there as
often as I could. The locals had an eclectic mix of cars - lots of fun! There?s
a grass landing strip and a very cool old single wing plane that looked like it
was from the 30s was buzzing around on Sunday.

Looking forward to the Kastner Cup next year at PittRace in early July - the
weekend after July fourth.

On Jun 18, 2017, at 6:46 PM, Shawn Frank via Fot < fot at autox.team.net >