fot

[Fot] Crack in block fixable?

Subject: [Fot] Crack in block fixable?
From: ofracer at gmail.com (Mike Harmuth)
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 17:46:32 -0400
I was changing the head on my race 1296 engine and I noticed this crack
(pictures attached) between a stud hole and the water jacket between
cylinders # 2-3. I ran the engine hard last weekend at Thompson without any
issues, I was changing the head because the "new" one is ported better and
has larger valves.

Can this be fixed? I appears to only go down to the start of the threads
but without some dye in it, I can't be sure.

Hoping to be at the Glen next weekend for the July Sprints but the spare
engine isn't ready. Any suggestions?

Link to pictures

http://s32.photobucket.com/user/harmug/slideshow/Cracked%20Block?sort=9

thanks