fot

[Fot] GT40 lifters

Subject: [Fot] GT40 lifters
From: billdentin at aol.com (Bill Dentinger)
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 11:58:36 -0500
Amici...

I contacted Kevin Potter, our engine builder/mechanic for most of our
thirty-six years of racing concerning the Ford GT40 lifter option.  He said at
the time, we (and others) were experiencing lifter related failures due to the
lack of consistent metallurgy for the lifters Ken Gillanders was obtaining and
selling at the time.  Some were real hard, others were real soft.  Ken was
seeking an alternative, probably via Erson, and came up with what turned out to
be the Ford GT40 lifter.  It was a perfect match, except for its smaller
diameter, which was addressed with a bushing.  It was a fix and we never
experienced another lifter related failure thereafter.

Bill Dentinger