fot

[Fot] Oil line & cooler flush

Subject: [Fot] Oil line & cooler flush
From: jfrymark at aol.com (John Frymark)
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 22:17:03 -0600
I was in the industrial cleaning industry for a while and the only effective
oil cooler cleaning I knew of was done by immersion in an ultrasonic tank with
a pressured flow through the cooler. The ultrasonic action dislodged
particulates which were extracted by the fluid flow through the cooler. This
used aqueous cleaning solution (solvents do not work with ultrasonics) heated
to 180*F and with a mild alkaline degreasing agent. It is cost justified in
fleet maintenance settings, but buying a replacement oil cooler is probably
less expensive for us racers.

John Frymark

Sent from my iPad