fot

Re: [Fot] Early vists to Watkins Glen

To: johnstydo@gmail.com, rjohns@woh.rr.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Early vists to Watkins Glen
From: Bill Dentinger via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 11:55:04 -0400

------=_Part_86032_856543383.1538668504642

John...

Burt's a long time friend, and I'm a fan.  His books, especially the first one,
are special to road racing aficionados.    'The Last Open Road' is often
described as Catcher in the Rye on wheels.

If you want to develop a bad habit, get a copy of his 'Potside Companion',
which is a 'coffee table/collage type book' of his many, many short stories.
But don't set it out on a coffee table.  Use it as designed.  Keep a copy right
there by the toilet.  The articles are just the right length for a session.
Some of them are longer, and might keep you seated and straining longer than
you should.  I think I'm developing hemorrhoids.

Bill Dentinger

PS If Burt's earthy style is too much for you, Plan B would be the same type of
book, but by Peter Egan.  God I miss that guy's stuff in Road and Track.  I
wish he'd come out of retirement.  I met and raced with both of these guys at
Blackhawk Farms Raceway.  Both have TRIUMPH bloodlines.