fot

Re: [Fot] Bent SU needles

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Bent SU needles
From: Bill Dentinger via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 20:13:07 -0500

------=_Part_331_2025226075.1542330786876

Lucky you! =20

In a British car, with a gimpy SU.
You must go to the right church.
Bill Dentinger

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Thursday, November 15, 2018, Robert Johns via Fot <fot@autox.team.net> w=
rote:

=20

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I got to tell you a story about bent SU needles.  The very first sports car=
 that acquired was in Germany in 1954.  I was Air Force and one of the flyi=
ng officers got in deep trouble with the civilian governments and the air f=
orce and was what they called =E2=80=9Criffed=E2=80=9D and sent home.  He h=
ad a 48 MG TC that he had taken over to Germany from the states, that got l=
eft behind, when he was sent home. Through a fellow sports car club member,=
 we negotiated a deal, and I got the MG for about  $400, I think.  We towed=
  it to the hanger that I worked out of, and I started to learn something a=
bout MGs.  Some where along the line I took one of the SUs apart. I took th=
e screws out of the bell and lifted the bell up.  Guess what, the piston ca=
me up also and proceeded to drop to the ground. The needle was badly bent b=
ut was not broken.  So, I proceeded to do the roll trick and straightened i=
t the best that could.  The next time I had a day off I drove  to Koln in t=
he MG and got a new set of needles from the importer. End of story.   =20

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
l.com

------=_Part_331_2025226075.1542330786876

eue-Light;color:#949494;font-size:11px;">Sent from AOL Mobile Mail<br>Get t=
he new AOL app: <a style=3D"font-family:HelveticaNeue-Light;font-size:11px;=
" href=3D"http://mail.mobile.aol.com"; target=3D"_blank">mail.mobile.aol.com=

    On&nbsp;Thursday, November 15, 2018,&nbsp;Robert Johns via Fot&nbsp;&lt=