fot

Re: [Fot] Watkins Glen

To: "fot@autox. team. net" <fot@autox.team.net>, Christian Marx <tr4racing@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Watkins Glen
From: Rick Parent via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 13:44:30 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_2941975_910567616.1568036670328

 It was nice meeting you this weekend and you are welcome back anytime, you=
 are the perfect mix of racer and gentleman.
All the best!Rick
    On Monday, September 9, 2019, 07:52:20 AM EDT, Christian Marx via Fot <=
fot@autox.team.net> wrote: =20
=20
 I've got an invitation from Peter Bulkowsk to race his blue #88 TR8 at Wat=
kins Glen.=C2=A0
We were sorted to Group 10 with very fast cars.=C2=A0Peter wanted me to tes=
t the car and to hang out with the racing crowd and crew who was Silvain, a=
 friend of Peter. I brought Harry Staude with me. He has some knowledge abo=
ut race tactics.=C2=A0
There was an incident on the track with Lauren Fix in her TransAm Jag and m=
yself. We tangled and spun. The officials took no further action as both dr=
ivers had no chance to avoid the collision. She couldn't see me and me coul=
dn't expect her turning into me.=C2=A0
But as Gentleman I excused with flowers the next morning.=C2=A0

We had a good chance to win the All Triumph race at Watkins Glen starting f=
rom pole and doing good laptimes over the weekend but it didn't turn out th=
at way.=C2=A0 After sorting behind the Huffaker car at corner one and follo=
w him closely at the end of the lap the left stub axle broke and blocked th=
e wheel. That parked the car on the middle of the finish straight. I could =
manage to move the car to the next corner worker area to park it there not =
interfering the ongoing race too much and became a spectator watching the g=
reat performance of John Mueller in the Huffaker TR8.

It was a great weekend and it was a joy to meet all you girls and guys and =
to hang out with you.=C2=A0
Next time I come over I bring two of these Harry's.=C2=A0
Cheers=C2=A0Chris=C2=A0_______________________________________________
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

tt.net

 =20
------=_Part_2941975_910567616.1568036670328

=3D"font-family:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px=
;"><div></div>
 weekend and you are welcome back anytime, you are the perfect mix of racer=
dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">All the best!</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-=
       =20
ans-serif;font-size:13px;color:#26282a;">
               =20
                    On Monday, September 9, 2019, 07:52:20 AM EDT, Christia=
tion from Peter Bulkowsk to race his blue #88 TR8 at Watkins Glen.&nbsp;</d=
;</div><div>Peter wanted me to test the car and to hang out with the racing=
 crowd and crew who was Silvain, a friend of Peter. I brought Harry Staude =
v><div>There was an incident on the track with Lauren Fix in her TransAm Ja=
g and myself. We tangled and spun. The officials took no further action as =
both drivers had no chance to avoid the collision. She couldn't see me and =
kins Glen starting from pole and doing good laptimes over the weekend but i=
t didn't turn out that way.&nbsp; After sorting behind the Huffaker car at =
corner one and follow him closely at the end of the lap the left stub axle =
broke and blocked the wheel. That parked the car on the middle of the finis=
h straight. I could manage to move the car to the next corner worker area t=
o park it there not interfering the ongoing race too much and became a spec=
tator watching the great performance of John Mueller in the Huffaker TR8.<d=