fot

Re: [Fot] Possible Team Net outage

To: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>, FoTTriumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Possible Team Net outage
From: Mike Harmuth via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 19:20:11 -0400

--000000000000cc203205a58fd28f

Mark, screw the cable, they'll make more. Save the cars.

mike h

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 6:17 PM Mark J Bradakis via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
wrote:

> We had some severe wind gusts in Salt Lake Monday afternoon, about half
> of a large tree blew over, sort of hitting the garage and some cars.
> Take a look at http://bradakis.com/net_wire.jpg to get an idea of what
> happened.  Inside that marked off area you can see a black wire.  That
> is Team Net's connection to the world. Getting all the fallen branches
> off that wire is beyond my capabilities.  We've contacted some
> professional tree removers, haven't heard back yet, so not sure when the
> mess will be cleaned up.
>
> So basically if we get more wind gusts over the next day or two all that
> debris could shift and take out that network cable.  And Team Net would
> be off the air for who knows how long.  So be aware of that
> possibility.  If it happens, you might be seeing a status message from
> hoosierq@gmail.com that may look suspicious at first glance.  It will be
> from me.
>
> And another note, the old problem of delayed email seems to be occurring
> again.  Currently the delay is one the order of an hour or so, I'll be
> looking into the situation.
>
> Fun times indeed!
>
> mjb.

--000000000000cc203205a58fd28f

 dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 6:17 PM Mark J Br=
adakis via Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>fot@autox.team.net=
0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">=
We had some severe wind gusts in Salt Lake Monday afternoon, about half <br=

of a large tree blew over, sort of hitting the garage and some cars.=C2=A0 =
Take a look at <a href=3D"http://bradakis.com/net_wire.jpg"; rel=3D"noreferr=
er" target=3D"_blank">http://bradakis.com/net_wire.jpg</a> to get an idea o=
f what <br>
happened.=C2=A0 Inside that marked off area you can see a black wire.=C2=A0=
 That <br>
is Team Net&#39;s connection to the world. Getting all the fallen branches =
off that wire is beyond my capabilities.=C2=A0 We&#39;ve contacted some <br=

professional tree removers, haven&#39;t heard back yet, so not sure when th=
e <br>
mess will be cleaned up.<br>
So basically if we get more wind gusts over the next day or two all that <b=
r>
debris could shift and take out that network cable.=C2=A0 And Team Net woul=
d <br>
be off the air for who knows how long.=C2=A0 So be aware of that <br>
possibility.=C2=A0 If it happens, you might be seeing a status message from=
/a> that may look suspicious at first glance.=C2=A0 It will be <br>
from me.<br>
And another note, the old problem of delayed email seems to be occurring <b=
r>
again.=C2=A0 Currently the delay is one the order of an hour or so, I&#39;l=
l be <br>
looking into the situation.<br>
Fun times indeed!<br>
mjb.<br>
/a><br>
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" targe=
t=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.n=
et/pipermail/fotUnsubscribe/Manage" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://www.team.net/pipermail/fot<br>
t/ofracer@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/options/fot/ofracer@gmail.com</a><br>

--000000000000cc203205a58fd28f--