Re: Got some useful data

To: geez@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Got some useful data
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@config.mail.virginia.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 16:33:45 -0400
At 01:01 PM 8/24/99 -0700, Byron Short wrote:
>First the general way this should work is that when you close the map
>that the gage is hooked to, the gage will close too.

OK, when I do this, the gauge stays up.  Now, I do have the gauges
set to "always on top" because I kept losing them behind the main
screen (I don't have too much screen space on the laptop).  Maybe
that's part of it?

>If you push the button at the lower left the gage become set to
>"Automatic Link".

OK, I'll try that - I assume that's the same thing that Rich
Cone was talking about.

>Because of this I don't maximize maps very often.

I don't either - I've been running the maps at the default size,
so I don't think that's what's going on.

>So that's a long answer to say that I imagine your map was maximized and
>that causes a several related kinks.  Try opening the gage without
>having the map maximized, and the behavior should be as described above.

I'll try again tonight and see what happens.

BTW, I guess maybe I shouldn't admit this publicly, but I don't actually
have any useable traces yet.  My maps weren't making any sense at all,
despite having checked all the connections and re-checking the
calibrations.  Well, it's all related to a minor brain fart.  Ya'
see, in my open Prepared car, there aren't too many flat spots that
won't get rained on where I can mount the G-cube.  The best place
seems to be the top of the fuel cell in the trunk, and I run the
cord forward to the power module which is mounted on the side of
the transmission tunnel.  You can probably figure this one out a
lot faster than I did; I had the G-cube mounted facing the back of
the car, not the front.  Oops!  Anyway, I suspect that my next set
of maps will make a lot more sense...

Thanks folks,

John Lye
rjl6n@Virginia.edu