Re: Deletion bug on the Palm...

To: Todd Green <tag@cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: Deletion bug on the Palm...
From: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 15:02:12 -0700
I say you win, like, maybe $5.00 out of that $10 bet.  ;-)

There are other ways to pull the data out other than Codewarrior.  CASL
(on the Palm side) has it's own generic conduit support, which is what
we looked at before we made the decision to not go that way.  But I'd be
glad to concede that we were chased off largely by the complexities of
the conduit...and perhaps those complexities wouldn't have been so
difficult if we were using Codewarrior.  So in a round-about way, I
think you might be at least partially right.

After reading about the conduit, I was left wondering "why did they make
this so hard?"  And rather than wonder too long, I built the direct
download method we use instead.

--Byron