Re: Batteries

To: Brent DeWitt <bdewitt@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Batteries
From: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 10:10:09 -0700
"Clean" power IS important, but so is adequate voltage.  The on-board
regulator is good for 16 volts, (theoretically, according to the spec
sheet), but more doesn't always equal better.  The regulator drops power
to 5v for the chips on the board

We have recorded a wavelength in the RS232 line from the computer
climbing up the power line that connects the processors to the
accelerometer.  I don't know if the wavelength is a result of the power
being too low and something on the board "switching" and thereby causing
the noise locally, or if it's part of the incoming voltage.  But either
way, this problem manifests itself as "noisy" readings.  This is
generally resolved by using the Power Module's 9v battery to run the
G-Cube.

--Byron