Re: Share GEEZ Files?

To: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Share GEEZ Files?
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 16:58:56 -0400
At 04:28 PM 9/20/1999 -0400, Mark Sirota wrote:
>I gave my third north course run to Byron, and we looked at it side-by-
>side with your third run.  Very interesting.  You kicked my ass from
>the Tunnell of Love to the Terrible Toto Turn, but I had you licked
>through the Military Road and Miata Freeway.  We also had very different
>start techniques (you sorta rolled out, I launched hard, then lifted to
>get traction back, then accelerated hard again).

Mark, Byron, et al:

My run was a 50.796 and Mark's was a 50.192.

Mark shifted up to a taller gear for the area he beat me in while I touched
the rev limiter a couple of times. We both lifted slightly (per Impound
discussions) to be sure we stayed on line. I'm looking forward to seeing
the differences in the major areas.

My starts actually were not "roll outs" but basically spin the rear tires
Pro Solo type starts without any significant (if any) lifting on this run
since the pavement was dry by then. However, I probably have a taller 1st
gear (13:37 with a 9:31 r&p which translates to about 46 mph). Mark's, as I
recall is about a 41 mph 1st. My experience with that gear was that it was
very hard to hook up 1st, especially on a curving start. My chassis setup
MAY also transfer weight to the rear tires "better". Ask the guys who have
seen how my car launches at Pro Solos how well it hooks up . . .

I'm working on my files to make them clear for "sharing".

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen RF-85 Formula Ford