End speed too slow

To: geez@autox.team.net
Subject: End speed too slow
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 13:28:56 -0400
On the eight runs that Bob and I took last Sunday, the finish speed
(after trimming off the end) was less than 10 mph on all of them, even
though the actual speed was more like 50 mph.

I had to advance the "end speed" slider all the way to 1g (as far as
it'll go) in order to get anything close to the correct speed.

What would cause this sort of phenomenon?  I've never had it happen
before.

The course was very short (21-22 seconds) and quite slippery,
particularly in the last turn before the finish.  Might that be part
of it?  If so, why?

One thing I have observed at other events -- on Bob's runs, I usually
have to increase the end speed.  On my runs, I usually have to decrease
it.  (It might be the other way around; I can't remember at the
moment.)  So there's clearly a driving technique difference that's
causing this, unless it's just blind luck or coincidence.  Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Mark