Another question about the G-Cube

To: <geez@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another question about the G-Cube
From: "David Rigby" <rigby@stratos.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 20:16:10 -0400

Thanks for the comments on the G-Cube, and thanks Byron for the photo.
It looks quite impressive.  I would suggest that you show it on the
website.

I think I will plan on using the G-Cube with a laptop since no one has
had trouble with their hard drive.  The PALM seems much simpler, but
I'm going to need a laptop to see the results at the event anyway.
The PALM can come later.

Anyway, my next question is about the data generated by the cube.  I
have downloaded the demo software from the extremegeez website, and it
seems quite impressive.  I would like to use some of my own software
though and I was wondering if I will be able to read the files.  Is
the format documented or is it proprietary?  Are they ASCII or binary?
I noticed that the sample data with the demo seems to be some of each.
>From the ASCII files I could look at, it appears that the sample rate
is known and constant.  Does the sample rate vary for any reason
during a run, if say the computer falls behind?  And if it does
change, is that recorded in the data file?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Dave